Thursday, January 7, 2010

Tip #4: Process Engineering

I can admit that I am no expert on Process Engineering, but I can give you a little insight into what I have learned so far:
-Understand the medium (liquid, gas, solid or mixture) you are working with.
-If the process is a know process read all the literature!
-If the process is a new process read any process literature related to the process.
-Reread your Process Engineering book.
-Ask questions.
-Do a refresher course on any important equations and constants that will be used in your process.
-Understand the P&ID.
-Recreate the P&ID so you will unerstand where everything is coming from and what it goes.
-Material Balances. They are key! Know what goes in and what comes out.
-Run simulations.
-Track data
-Track trends
-Does the data makes sense? Compare to simulation.

Here is a website I have found helpful
http://www.cheresources.com/process_engineering.shtml

Well that is all I can think of for now. More to come as I learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment